untitled hand of man - i - limited edition prints
- release date: april 24, 2023
- edition size: 14
- size: 44 x 71.5 in / 104 x 196.85 cm
- silkscreen on digital fine art print
- hand-signed & numbered by mark mothersbaugh with a moonlight arts collective certificate of authenticity by verisart
- note: this print is unframed, and has creases and slight damage
- estimated shipping: may 29th
we will do our best to update you via email about your order, however if your order has exceeded these timelines please reach out to us at email@example.com.
domestic and international shipping may be delayed due the ongoing global pandemic.
Mark Mothersbaugh’s love of art started early in his childhood, just after it was discovered that he was extremely nearsighted and legally blind.
His first correctional glasses offered Mark a new view of the world, inspiring his obsession with imagery and illustrations. His first works, which he began creating in the late 60’s and into the 70’s, consisted of many different mediums, including rubber stamp designs, ink illustrations, screen printing, decals, and mail art. He participated in local showings, and received recognition for his work in his home town of Akron, Ohio.
With DEVO, his most successful music project, Mark was able to showcase his artistic abilities on a larger scale, and to millions of people. Through their films, videos, costumes, LP covers, stage shows, and printed materials, Mark and DEVO forever altered commonly held preconceptions of how a rock band should function in popular culture.