- release date: june 9th, 2022
- from the "postcard superheroes" series - from mark mothersbaugh's personal collection originally drawn and created in 1978 on a houseboat on the Thames River in London, England
- edition size: 150 - limited quantities remaining
- size: 44 x 30 Inches
- 6-color hand-pulled serigraph with phosphorescent and fluorescent ink, created at Richard Duardo's Modern Multiples in 1985
- hand-signed & numbered by mark mothersbaugh with certificate of authenticity from mark mothersbaugh, moonlight arts collective and verisart.
we do our best to ship unframed prints within 5-7 business days. Framed prints, original artwork and other specialty items may require up to 10-14 days.
we will do our best to update you via email about your order, however if your order has exceeded these timelines please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
domestic and international shipping may be delayed due the ongoing global pandemic.
about this art
The incomparable Mark Mothersbaugh joins Moonlight Arts Collective for his debut release, The Postcard Superheroes, featuring six massive hand pulled screen prints, featuring work originally created in 1978. After Devo entered into legal battle with Warner Brothers and Virgin Records, Mothersbaugh and bandmate Jerry Casale joined Virgin’s founder Richard Branson on a houseboat on the Thames in London. It was there where Mothersbaugh began assembling the pieces that would become The Postcard Superheros. Read on as Mark Mothersbaugh gives us the story behind these oversized screen prints behind his first release with Moonlight, some of his favorite album covers and more…